Route "Hydropark - Vodnikov Island"
Down the Dnieper, along the Venitsiansky Island, on the left, and the slopes of the right-bank Kiev, which reveals the beauty of the Park of Eternal Glory, the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra and the Singing Field, passes under the Paton, Darnitsky and Yuzhny bridges, bypassing Veliky Yuzhny Island. Further, past the Deviation Tower and Zhukov Island, it goes to Vodnikov Island.
Description of the resting place
Vodnikov Island (54 hectares) is a historical area on the territory of Kiev near Zhukov Island. The islands were connected by a dam, along which a highway was laid. A workshop of the Kiev shipbuilding and ship repair plant was built on the island and its bay was turned into a convenient harbor for the wintering of the river fleet. Now there is a large sandy beach on Vodnikov Island, it is convenient to cook barbecue, fish and swim here.
Before the revolution, the island was known as Chernechiy, since it had long belonged to the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, and it was also called Galerny because, in addition to the convenience of the pier, it resembled a large galley barge in shape. In the 30s, for military purposes, a tunnel with a railway was laid through the island, but at the beginning of the war, the construction that had begun was mothballed and flooded, and in 1946. tubing and tunnel equipment were dug up and used in the construction of the Kiev metro, and in 1974. (after the launch of the Kanevskaya hydroelectric power station) was flooded again.
© 2001-2023. Rentflot
We accept payment: