A walk towards Rzhishchev takes more than 1 hour and will give you a lot of interesting impressions and emotions.
Route "Osokorki - Rzhishchev"
The walk begins in Kiev on Osokorki, through the Berkovshchina Bay we go out to the Dnieper, around Veliky Yuzhny Island and downstream under the South Bridge, past the Temple of St. Nestor the Chronicler, the Deviation Tower, along the Zhukov Island, skirting about Vodnikov and Olgin Island and, having come out to a series of wild islands, the yacht passes by Ukrainka, Tripillya and along the bends of the Dnieper reaches Rzhishchev.
Description of the resting place
On the right bank of the Dnieper there is a small town of Rzhishchev, and on its outskirts is the Ivan-Gora tract on the top of which the first settlements of the Tripillya era were discovered in the 19th century (the Ipatiev Chronicle of 1151 mentions the fortress Ivan-Gorod, a collection point for fight against Yuri Dolgoruky). A wonderful view of the Dnieper and the Left Bank opens from here. Above Rzhishchev, on the left bank, you can approach Khoroshy (General'skiy) island and climb the sandy slope to the pine forest, stay in the acacia bay, swim in the purest water and spend the night in tents.
In the middle of the Dnieper there is a sandy Lysaya Mountain (also called Hopkins Island), at the top of which a cross was installed. A beautiful view of the landscape reserve "Boryspil Islands" opens from here (this place in the old days was considered a healing place of power). And closer to the left bank on the island there is a popularly known "flooded church" (the Church of the Transfiguration of the Savior, built in 1822 in the village of Gusentsy) - for the construction of the Kanev hydroelectric power station and the creation of a reservoir, a number of coastal villages were flooded, incl. the village of Gusentsy, as a result, the temple ended up on one of the islets.
© 2001-2022. Rentflot
We accept payment: